Friday, October 1, 2010

Brunswick

This is a bit late, I'm sorry.
Last Thursday Mt. Ararat ran at Brunswick, against them, Morse, Lawrence, and Mt. Blue. Going into the meet we knew our main competition would be Mt. Blue, they have a very strong 1-2 with the Jones' brothers. 

I started the race going out slightly conservative for the first 200 feet or so, until we reached the downhill, then I took off a bit to gain as much ground on Jaron as possible. I went through the mile mark at around 5:13 which was slower than at MTA, which was disappointing for me. but allowed me to really push through the second mile and go through at a 5:23, only 10 seconds slower. Going through the 2 mile, Jaron was around 9 seconds behind me, however shortly after the 2 mile mark, when you do a short loop that brings you around and back through the 2 mile mark, Jaron took a wrong turn, and ended up running around a 24 minute. At the end of the race going up the hill, I was in a ton of pain, and knew I just had to power through, and I ended up coming across the line at a 16:43, a 2 second PR.

After Jaron went the wrong way, Nick Parsons pulled out an amazing 2nd place running a 17:23. Jonah of Mt. Blue 3rd with a 17:30, and Jake 4th with a strong finish of 17:48.

The boys won the meet, 27 to 58.

On the girls side, Brunswick's Katie McMahon had an impressive race with a time of 19:20, just 2 seconds off her PR, and she was quoted after as saying "It wasn't actually that bad, I could have run faster, but it's tough since I didn't have anyone to push me." Running at FOC for her tomorrow should provide her with plenty of tough competition.

With Emma Wood and Katie Spies finally back, the girls reasserted their dominance to win 30 to 47, proving that while Brunswick might have a strong 1-2, teamwise they don't match up.

No comments:

Post a Comment